Charles has written 8 books including Healthy at Work: Your Pocket Guide to Good Health, which is purchased by employers to give to their employees. Thousands of copies of this pocket guide have been purchased by public and private sector employers from coast-to-coast in the United States and Canada. His latest book is entitled The Healthy Smoker: How To Quit Smoking By Becoming Healthier First. It is in hundreds of pharmacies and bookstores across the country.
Charles has spoken in over 200 cities in the United States, Canada, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, and Latin America, primarily on organizational change and improvement as well as on wellness and health improvement. In both small and large group presentations Charles uses solid research and creative delivery techniques to challenge and inform his audiences.
Charles has received numerous awards and recognition for his work to improve communities, organizations and the health of employees including:
- Letter of commendation from the President of the United States.
- Spoke at the United Nations Habitat for Humanity Conference in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Nominated as man of the Year in a U. S. city.
- Named Man of the Year in a Canadian community.
- Keynote speaker – Florida Department of Health Summer Wellness Institute
- Speakers Bureau for TEC Florida (Chief Executive Officers Association)
- Contributor to Municipal World Magazine on government performance as well as Organization Health and Wellness.
- Contributing editor for the National Civic Review on government performance as well as health and wellness.
- Presentation to Florida Legislators on The Impact of Nutrition on the Florida Budget.
- Contributor to the Lance Armstrong Foundation web site on Children’s Nutrition
B. A. Washington & Jefferson College - Major, Political Science; Minors, Education and Psychology
MLS - Skidmore College - Public Sector Decision Making
Ph.D. - Clayton College of Natural Health - Holistic Nutrition
Penn State University - Wrote and taught Local Government Reform
York University - Wrote and taught Urban Innovation
Florida International University - Strategic Management Institute (1999 to present)
Long Island University- Wrote and will teach Orthomolecular Medicine- Spring 2010
Performance Measurement for Municipalities
Measuring City Hall Performance: Finally A How To Guide
Public Sector Performance Measurement: Successful Strategies and Tools
Measuring Up: An Evaluation Tool Kit for Local Governments
Cutting Through Charisma: A Layman's Guide to Electing Better Politicians
Electing Better Politicians: A Citizens Guide
Healthy at Work: Your Pocket Guide to Good Health
The Healthy Smoker: How to Quit Smoking By Becoming Healthier First
Health in Your Pocket: Your Pocket Guide to Good Health
Memberships and Associations
Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine - Member
American Association of Nutritional Consultants - Member
International Association for Orthomolecular Medicine-Member
Union of Concerned Scientists- Member